This is how you assemble the seat for lounge chairs and garden benches.
The assembly of homemade benches and chairs, made with scaffolding planks or repurposed wood.
In the explanation of this step and on the drawings you can see how the seat gets fitted between the armrests.
- Or, if you got here before having read the previous steps.
To begin with a project start with either our homemade lounge bench instructions, the corner bench or lounge chairs.
Assemble the seat for lounge benches and chairs.
- It is a lot easier if you have somebody around to help you with the support of the panels.
Here where we assemble the seat between the armrests, and while we fit the screws all parts should stay horizontal and close together.
- We made the armrests in the second step of this tutorial, and the garden bench seating was made with help of the fourth drawing for lounge furniture.
- Here on this construction drawing you see how the seat gets placed between the armrests, resting on top of slats.
Open space will be covered by the backrest which we will finally fit in an angle in the next step of this building manual.
This inclined back support provides extra comfort of your homemade lounge chairs and benches.
Use selftapping screws with a good quality.
Properly galvanized and stainless hardware are perfect for these benches but copper screws are also fine for use in homemade garden furniture.
Stainless steel screws are a lot more expensive and could be used only for the places where screws are visible.
Homemade furniture using planks from scaffolding.
Introduction to lounge furniture made of scaffolding wood.
- First of all we have the step by step construction drawings for lounge benches and chairs. – Make four panels for the armrests and sides of the bench.
- Secondly, after you have previously made the panels – Assemble these to sides for a lounge chair or bench.
- Then – Make a back for the bench, this will later be fitted in an angle.
- And following with step four where the seating area must be strengthened with a few slats.
- As a result of our previousy made panels this assembly of the benches and chairs is easy.
With selftapping screws and an electric screwdriver you can now mount the seat between the armrests.
- And finally the last part of these construction drawings for lounge furniture. – Fitting of the backrest under an angle.
Some examples of lounge furniture, almost all benches and chairs made with repurposed planks from scaffolding.